Friday, May 2, 2008

Excuses, Excuses!

Yup...more excuses about why I haven't been a bloggin'. Well, we received and installed the new keyboard for my laptop and the next day the A/C adaptor bit the dust. It had been giving me trouble for a while, but it is expensive to fix so it is on the low priority list. Hopefully in a couple weeks we can have it fixed. Until then, I have to share Austen's computer and I never get down here.

Austen competed in the State Numbers Bee Tournament last Saturday. It was soo cool and I am so proud of him. He was in third place for a while, but in the end he did not place. He was pretty bummed out, but we are so proud of him, and it was probably a good lesson learned that sometimes we try something new and all we get out of it is the great experience. Winning isn't everything.

The weather here has been beautiful so the boys have been playing outside non stop. We got Cooper a pair of knock off Crocs for $5 at Walmart and it was the best investment in shoes EVER!!! I was tired of washing his tennis shoes and worrying if they would be dry for school, etc. These things are great! He can get as muddy and gross as he wants and I just have to give them a quick rinse in the sink...Woo Hoo!!

Speaking of Coop, I have a conference with his teacher next week. She now thinks it may be a good idea to send him to Kindergarten instead of holding him in Pre-K. I am torn. I am a HUGE advocate for giving any child an extra year to mature and be ready. I will have to hear what she has to say and we can work together to find the right solution for him. He hasn't had his evaluation yet, by the district, with regard to his motor and speech issues. I may want to wait until I have those results to make my final decision.

Jamie Pie has grown himself a full blown two year old attitude. He answers every question with a big ole' "No!" and has stronger opinions about everything we do. We had a Family Sing Along Day at Cooper's preschool Wednesday and Jamie had SO much fun!!! I was so glad to see him follow along and all, becasue he will be at that school two mornings a week starting in the Fall.

This time of year is CRAZY busy! I still haven't made any b'day party plans for the big boys. Cooper has very definite opinions about a party so I better get on that! I think Austen would rather have a couple of friends do something fun and maybe sleep over.

Have a great weekend, Y'all! Love, Kaycee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaycee,
Thanks for the updates....love checking in on Y'all! Congrats Austen! It is a big deal just to be invited to compete.....I am quite impressed! :o)
Lots of love to Everyone!
Jan

AmyBerglund said...

OK I started blogging again...I'm gonna try to be better. I just started posting stuff again and realized its been exactly a year since I posted!
http://berglundfamilymckinney.blogspot.com/
Tell Aussie Congrats from us too! Our little smarty pants ~ He is going to make the big bucks when he gets older, marry Carson and then support his mother-in-law!!!:) Love ya!